It’s almost time for the beloved Super Bowl. This year Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on last years winners, Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs. I won’t lie to you. I was really hoping to see the Bills and the Packers play. I suppose there is always next year.
After the Holiday season, this is the next thing I look forward to. Each year our brother, Austin (Kaitlyn’s husband), creates prop bets and we all submit our answers. Whoever wins gets our traveling trophy for the year. It can get pretty competitive. Fun Fact, even the kids play. When Clayton was a baby, Audriana and Graham chose his answers by which block he pointed to.
With the upcoming Super Bowl being number LV, or 55 as normal people write it, I thought I’d be cool to go over some Super Bowl trivia.
- The Super Bowl is rumored to have gotten its name from a ball called the “super ball.” (Which is much better than its original name “The AFC NCF Championship Game.”)
- So far there is only one quarterback in NFL history who has won the trophy for two teams. Peyton Manning. Will that change this year now that Brady plays for the Bucs? Time can only tell.
- 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. (A must have for our party!)
- The Super Bowl is the 2nd biggest eating day of the year.
- 2 teams are tied for the most Super Bowl wins. The New England Patriots and the Pittsburg Steelers.
- The first Super Bowl’s halftime show involved 300 pigeons. (This is really strange.)
- The Super Bowl trophies are made by Tiffany & Co.! (Fancy!)
- Only one Super Bowl has gone into OT. The Patriots v. the Falcons. (Pats won.)
- The Cleveland Browns are the only team to have never made it to the Super Bowl.
- In 1967, you could buy a Super Bowl ticket for $6.
- The Half Time performers don’t get paid.
The first Super Bowl halftime show I remember watching was NSYNC, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige & Nelly. From there on I basically remember them all. I’m not sure I can pick a favorite but I loved the Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake & Bruno Mars. The ones I didn’t love; well, who can forget the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson nip slip…ouch. Coldplay wasn’t a favorite (just kind of boring for my taste). But my least favorite was probably JLo and Shakira. I went into that so optimistic and just didn’t love it. This year we’re in for a treat. The Weekend will be preforming! I have high hopes for this one guys.
Well, there you have it. Super Bowl LV is on the way and I am here for it! Here’s my prediction…Chiefs will reign over Tom Brady & the Bucs. Who are you thinking will win this year?